I am Saqib Ali Ateel. I belong to a rural background family and in touch with agricultural practices since my birth. I saw my grandfather and then father working in wheat and cotton fields. However, I joined the public sector in Pakistan as a professional bureaucrat. I have a bachelor’s degree in law, master’s degrees in literature, mass communications, and public management. Earlier degrees were from Baha Uddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan, and the last one from the National University of Singapore & Harvard, USA.
I have been working at various public management positions in Punjab. Currently, I have been as Secretary Agriculture, South Punjab, for over a year.
When I turned fifty, I decided to look into my food choices. This curiosity led me to agricultural practices. I soon realized that the foods coming directly from fields were as unhealthy as the processed and junk foods, or worse, due to dangerous chemical residues.
Two years back, I launched this website to make visitors aware of organic foods. However, organic foods are costlier and not readily available, so the philosophy behind this website was to promote “preference of organic foods” when you have an option. A little struggle to find that is not harmful at all.
While working as a public servant, I have been taking every step that can help to minimize chemicals in foods, reduce input costs, and produce the best quality agricultural products in sufficient quantity.
You, while visiting this website, shall find not only my personal experiences in the fields but also:
• Brand new studies regarding organic foods and their impacts on human health and the environment.
• Shocking researches regarding effects of conventional farming on biodiversity and ecosystem
• Complicated jargon and long scientific details that everyone is not comfortable reading through and interpret.
• Over-generalized information with misleading opinions
• Dangerous and false recommendations for various supplements which can be hazardous for liver and other vital body organs
• How IPM is different from conventional & organic farming? Why do we consider it a pathway towards organic revolution?
Thanks for visiting.
Stay tuned to keep yourself updated!
Saqib Ali Ateel
Join My Email List Here!
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/preforganic